What are your hours?
Our team is available by phone and email Monday through Friday 9am–5:00pm; Saturday 9am–3pm. If we are unavailable, please leave a message or send us an email.
How do I contact you?
What are your minimums?
There is no minimum for Pickup. There is a $200 food minimum for Delivery & Setup (not including beverages or delivery fee) and a 30-guest minimum for Full Service Events.
How far in advance do I need to place my order?
- Orders always depend on our availability. Please call as soon as possible to book your date; your menu can be finalized later. Our schedule often closes a week or two weeks in advance. When our calendar allows, orders must be placed at least 48 hours ahead of time. If you’re in a pinch, contact us anyway! If we can make it happen, we will.
- Our schedule is especially busy around the holidays and the month of May (because of graduations).
- Orders for the weekend must be confirmed by Wednesday; orders for Mondays must be confirmed by noon on Friday.
What information will you need from me?
- Let us know if you prefer to pick up your order at our Oakland or Berkeley location, or if you prefer that we deliver to your home or office.
- For Delivery & Setup, we will ask you details about your location and we’ll need an on-site contact name and phone number.
- We’ll need to know how many guests you expect, the time of your event and any food ideas you have—we’ll be happy to guide you through our menus.
- Let us know if you would like service staff at your party. For Full Service Events, we will connect you to our Event Coordinator.
- We require your credit card information when you place your order.
How do I pay for my order?
Most orders require a credit card in advance. The credit card will be held securely in order to charge your final balance. Businesses and larger organizations may apply for Net 30 terms.
How do I know my order is confirmed?
You will receive a confirmation email from Market Hall Caterers. Please read it carefully and reply to confirm. A credit card is also required to secure your order, credit card information needs to be called into our office.
What if I need to increase my order 2 days before the event?
Our policy is to limit any changes to 7 days prior to your event, but we understand that sometimes unexpected things happen. We will try to accommodate last-minute increases whenever possible. Together, we’ll review which menu items we might be able to increase, and recommend other items to supplement those that we can’t.
What is your cancellation policy?
For weekday orders, you may cancel your order up to 10am the day before. For weekend or Monday orders, you may cancel your order up to 10am on the Friday before. For Pickup and Delivery & Setup orders, we charge 50% of the total charge for any cancellation after 10am. Full Service Events require a 30% non-refundable deposit when the event order is approved.
Where do I pick up my order?
You may pick up your order from either Market Hall Foods location, in Oakland or Berkeley. At our Oakland location, look for the "Pickup" sign above the far counter near the sandwich fridge, right before the wine shop. At our Berkeley location, ask any staff member for assistance.