Full Service Events
What's special about a Full Service Event by Market Hall Caterers?
- We are a food-forward caterer—we're passionate about taste and quality, without froufrou or pretension. We love hearing that our food is some of the very best your guests have ever tasted.
- We specialize in creating gorgeous, bountiful, diverse (and spectacularly delicious) buffets, using top-quality ingredients. Our customers enjoy the flexibility and sociability of the buffet format—it creates an immediately convivial atmosphere.
- We're known (and awarded) for the quality of our food and the warmth of our service. We offer a tremendous range of offerings, all tried and tested—and tried and tested again.
- We offer unequalled access to a spectacular range of specialty foods.
Read more about what sets us apart: Why Choose Market Hall Caterers?
What is the structure of additional fees?
- For Full Service Events, you will see an 18% Production Charge on your proposal. This covers administrative time and catering equipment (ceramic tableware, serveware, chafing dishes, coolers, etc). You will also see a charge for staff and labor.
- Gratuity is at the host's discretion. If you choose to add a gratuity to your final bill, it will be evenly distributed to the staff members who worked at your event.
What serveware is included in a Full Service Event?
Items included with your Full Service Event (not rentals) are ceramic, wood and metal serving platters and bowls; metal serving utensils; pitchers; glass beverage dispensers; icing tubs; ice buckets; chafing dishes; and coolers.
Rentals are not included, but are available. These include ceramic plates in a variety of sizes; flatware; a wide variety of glassware; and linens (in a wide selection of colors and textures).
Can you provide flowers for my event?
- Yes, we can advise on and provide floral arrangements for any event, including Pickup, Delivery & Setup and Full Service Events.
- There is no minimum charge for flowers.
- We work exclusively with The Flower & the B, a flower shop within Rockridge Market Hall, known for some of the best floral design in the East Bay.
- The Flower & the B hand-selects and stocks a wide assortment of high quality blooms in over 100 varieties. Flowers are available in singular varietals or mixed varietal arrangements.
- In addition to its in-store assortment, The Flower & the B can procure alternative seasonal flowers, if available.
- The cost of flowers will be added to your invoice; you do not need to pay separately.
Do you require a deposit?
- Full Service Events require a 30% non-refundable deposit by credit card when the event order is approved. Your card will be held securely in order to charge your final balance.
- The remaining balance is to be paid within three business days after the event. The day after the event, the Event Coordinator will send out a final invoice reflecting actual labor, along with an inquiry about adding a gratuity.
What is a Full Service Event?
Simply put, it's any event for which we provide service staff for the entire event and offer the option for linen and rental options. Beyond this, the variations are endless.
What services do you offer?
- Our Event Coordinator will lead you through the details of menu selection, staffing, beverage service, table settings and flowers to build a joyful and memorable event.
- For events requiring four or more staff members, a Captain will oversee staff for the duration of the event. Relax and enjoy your guests—we’ll do the rest.
Read more about what we can do for you: Our Services.
What types of events do you cater?
We listen to you and design your event to your wishes, suggesting just the right touches. Choose us for graduations, birthdays, bridal showers, weddings, baby showers, corporate parties, memorials, b’nei mitzvahs, garden club meetings, faculty receptions, cocktail parties, photo shoots, film sets, holiday parties, game day feasts and more—any event at which you wish your guests to enjoy the very best food and our award-winning warmth of service.
Can I provide my own beverages?
Yes, and we will help you with recommendations for quantities. Beverages do not need to be chilled before the event—we’ll take care of it. We can provide glassware, bartending services and bar setup, including ice.
Can I taste the food I'm considering?
Yes, absolutely! Market Hall Foods has two locations at which you can sample the high quality of our food. Stop by either shop and sample anything from the deli counter, any time. For Full Service Events with a food and beverage budget of $2,500 or more, we provide a tasting for two for $125. This tasting takes place at our Oakland location after you have met with our Event Coordinator, received a proposal and are close to your final menu choices. If you choose Market Hall Caterers, once you place a deposit, we will credit your final invoice for the tasting fee.